Friday, January 01, 2010

Getting Our Hippie On! Music Festival Photography

Although it's still winter, behind the scenes, all of my music festival promoter friends are in high gear getting ready for the 2010 season.

Floydfest is a great festival right on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Southwest Virginia. I'll be posting on several others soon.

I made a litle collage of some of my favorite scenes from 2009. The single image is one of my personal favorites. A thunderstorm knocked out power for a little while, but Floydfest is People Powered so the show went on. This group of performers was singing acapella by the light of a single Coleman lantern. I wasn't sure about getting the shot, but I tried and was really excited about the result.

Check out Floydfest

Rich Cox
Orchid Hill Studios

Click on images to view larger.



No comments:

Post a Comment